In keeping with Monday’s post, when we celebrated our new look for the new year, I’d like to take a moment to talk about a few of my goals for the coming year. This is a list of some of the things I hope to accomplish in 2014, both as a Philadelphia custom stationery designer and in my personal life:
– One of my goals–arguably the biggest– is accomplished already! I wanted to rebrand my company as April Lynn Designs and create a new logo and web site in order to better convey who we are as a Philadelphia custom stationery designer.
– The next goal I have is one that every business should have: I want to work with more couples than I did last year! I’m so excited to see what wedding stationery trends pop up in the new year.
– I hope to network with more wedding vendors this year–I’m always looking for new and talented contacts to collaborate with and recommend to my clients.
– In a similar vein to the goal above, I also want to participate in more styled shoots with other wedding vendors, like the New Year’s Eve Glitz and Glam styled shoot that I participated in that was recently featured on Heart Love Weddings. Not only are styled shoots fantastic networking opportunities, they’re tons of fun!
– If possible, I’d love to find an assistant to help me with assembly.
– Right now, I mainly work with wedding stationery, including day-of stationery, save the dates, and invitations. Occasionally, I have a birth announcement or birthday invitation to work on, but I’d love to do more of that kind of work! This year, I’d like to venture into all kinds of stationery I haven’t explored before.
– It would be wonderful if I could take one day off a week! I’d even settle for one day off every other week.
– Starting next week, I’m going to try and fit in exercise at least three times per week. I started doing Crossfit last year, and even though I haven’t had time to go in the past few weeks, I love it!
– Finally, I’d like to find some success with one of my biggest struggles: finding balance between work, family and “me time”.