Interview with Nicole Francisco of Lovestruck by Nicole Marie


Nicole Francisco Headshot


Lovestruck by Nicole Marie

I’m so glad for the opportunity to feature Nicole Francisco on my blog. She is the talent behind Lovestruck by Nicole Marie, and she’s also a lifestyle photographer–see Expressions by Nicole Marie. was gracious enough to answer all my questions–even a few toughies–and she gave me an amazing array of photos to post.


Nicole Francisco Headshot

How would you describe your style as a photographer?

“My photography is a reflection of my own personal style and interests – a beautiful blend of classic elegance with todays contemporary edge – Vintage Modern Romance.”

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Styled ShootLovestruck by Nicole Marie Styled Shoot

What types of cameras do you shoot with?

“I’m a Nikon gal! I primarily shoot with the D600. I’ve been familiarizing myself with a Mamiya medium format film camera and hope to one-day incorporate film into the weddings I shoot. Kind of like letter writing… shooting with film is a lost art. “

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Couple's Portrait

What is your favorite photography accessory, apart from your camera?

“I could tell you some of my favorite lenses, but when I think accessory, I think of girlie stuff, so that would have to be my Bloom Theory camera strap(s)… I think I own 8 now – I may need an intervention soon! When I shoot weddings, the general protocol is to wear black, so I think it’s fun to express my personality with my camera strap “

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Bridal Portrait

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Portrait

What are some of your favorite computer tools or software that you use, besides the computer itself?

I do about 90% of my work in Lightroom, with the other 10% being done in Photoshop.

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Rehoboth Beach First LookLovestruck by Nicole Marie Rehoboth Beach Couple's Portrait

What is your favorite thing about being a wedding photographer?

I’m not sure I can pick just one. Being a part of a couples special day is just awesome – to capture those endearing moments throughout their wedding and to be able to celebrate with them is a blast!

I also cherish the relationships that I’ve made with my brides and grooms. Many have become good friends of mine, and there’s nothing more heartwarming when I get a call from a past bride and groom telling me they are expecting and want me to document their family memories… I feel like my work comes full circle.

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Rehoboth Beach Bridal Party Portrait Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Rehoboth Beach Bridal Party Portrait

What is the most challenging thing about photographing weddings?

Bridal parties are a box of fun! While they almost always provide memorable photographs… many times when you add excitement and a few hours of drinking, their hearing seems to go, and I have to start treating them like kids. We always end on a good note at the end of the night and the bride and groom are grateful I kept everyone in check!


If you could photograph a wedding at any location on earth, where would you choose to go?

I dream of the day that I get a call from a bride and groom who ask to whisk me away to the South of France or Italy to photograph their wedding.

Lovestruck by Nicole Marie Rehoboth Beach Couple's Portrait

Nicole, thank you so much for answering all my questions! Your work is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with me!


One response to “Interview with Nicole Francisco of Lovestruck by Nicole Marie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *